Saturday 2 March 2013

Arty Farty



I have a really interesting post for you guys today, especially for you art geeks. My sister Rose exhibited some of her photography and fine art at Waterstones a special book launch and poetry night. She displayed photography featuring many aspects of nature, including beautiful butteries. I loved the subtly layered photographs; you see something new each time you look at them.
 Unfortunately, I was a plumb and didn't get a  good picture of those ones, but check out these fabulous prints:


How beautiful

And...



She also had a collection of tribal art. How amazing are these masks? My favourite piece was this sandy coloured painting; it makes me think of the River Nile. I love the brightness of the blue against the earthy background tones. The textured pieces are reminiscent of mountains, or even animal fur. 

OOTN...


All in all, it was a really fun night and Rose got some really positive feedback. What do you think of her art?
And you know me, just throwing a casual OOTN in there for you. Here's my sister looking very pleased with herself. Her tights are amazing, right?


Blurry-de-blur

And here's me. I really love this skirt, being such a little'un I initially worried it was enhance my short-arseness but actually it's the perfect length. I've had my hair ombred red but it's not totally obvious in this pic, so I've taken another to show you. What do you think?

Sorry about the shoddy quality, we were in a bit of a rush to get everything ready and didn't really have time to check and re-take the pictures but you can get the general look of the outfits.
 Hope you guys enjoyed this post and I'll speak to you in my next ☺♣

3 comments:

  1. Those masks are so cool!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I likes a bit of arts I do! Amazeballs butterfly pic. I like your sister's style oo mmm dddds the long skirt is so kwl on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your banner

    http://therawrdrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...