Thursday 5 December 2013

Philosophy Mini Miracles - Reviewed



I visited London recently for my friend's 21st birthday. We were taking the obligatory stroll down Oxford Street when we were approached by a friendly woman who offered us free Philosophy goodie bags. I'd never heard of this brand before so I was intrigued. I received three products in total.

 Purity 3 in 1
It's quite a runny consistency, but as you massage it into your face it gets a thicker creamier texture. In all honestly, I wasn't crazy about this to begin with, it felt a little heavy, it kind of felt like I was rubbing Vaseline onto my skin. However it rinsed off easily and left my skin feel rather refreshed. 
The next day my recent breakout looked much flatter and calmer. I don't know whether this was a coincidence, my skin has random off and on day so I will have to test this further to see if it really does help. Overall, I'm pretty impressed with this product; I'll definitely finish up my sample and if it continues to do good for me I may consider purchasing the full size bottle.
Rating:

Exfoliating wash
Again, this product is surprising runny, rare for an exfoliator but I really like the consistency. The micro beads are very fine and it feels really light when you massage the wash into your skin, quite relaxing really. I'm not crazy about the scent - it's very faint and I can't quite put my finger on what it smells like. I feel it's a scent that would appeal to older women but I wouldn't say it was particularly nice. However, I guess it's good that it's not heavily perfumed like most skincare products.
It made my skin feel incredibly soft which makes me feel like it's actually doing it's job of buffing away old skin. I think so far I'd rate this exfoliating wash over my current regular Soap & Glory's Scrub Your Nose In It, which I find to be a bit harsh.
Rating:

Amazing Grace perfume
The goodie bag contained a small sample of Philosophy's new perfume Amazing Grace. The bottle for the actual product is very simple and understated. They call it a 'clean floral scent' and I would say this is a pretty accurate description. It's very feminine but not girly; it feels sophisticated and is definitely more of a day perfume than night. 
Amazing Grace is pretty scent but again I feel like it's for the more mature lady. It's a little musky for my taste and I associate that with the older demographic. It sort of reminds me of laundry detergent; it's a little soapy smelling, which reminds me of my Grandma who'd probably love it. If you're a fan of grown-up musky smells then don't let this discourage you. Perfume tastes are very personal and I'm afraid this one didn't really do it for me. It is pleasant enough but just not for me.
Rating:

Overall my favourite product was the exfoliating wash - it felt gentler and less harsh than others I've tried. As for the others, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by what I've seen from the cleanser. My skin doesn't often agree with them but so far it seems to be doing it some good, or at the very least, not causing further breakouts. Although I'm not a fan of powdery perfumes, I think girls who are would like this floral scent and it would make a good present for mothers and grandmothers.

Have you tried any products from Philosophy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...