Monday, 1 April 2013

Revlon ColourBurst Lip Butter - Reviewed.

I have a confession. Red lippie and I don't really get along. Yes, I am a pathetic excuse for a girl. The truth is, I wish I could wear it but instead of feeling like Marilyn Monroe I just feel like The Joker. My lipsticks of choice tend to be very pale pinks and nudes, but this time I decided to try something a little different. Cue Wild Watermelon; a shimmery coral shade with hues of both pink and red.





The Good

This is literally the most comfortable lipstick I've ever worn. Jack scoffed at the name lip 'butter'; sure it was just a marketing tactic, erroneously claiming to be more nourishing then your average lippie. He was wrong, it feels amazing from the first slick. I tend to be stingy with lipsticks and pick the cheapest brand (I know, I'm a bad beauty blogger!) It is always a mistake as they cause my lips to flake and the colours disappears within an hour. This lip butter truly feels like you've smoothed on Vaseline - so soft and kissable, with no signs of flaking. This is very good for someone who has notoriously easily chapped lips. 

The packaging is totally cute, I love the diamond patterned lid and the case is chic and shiny. Such pretty little thing to have in your make-up bag! I was amazed by the choice of colours available too, a total of 21 shades. 

The Bad 

Honestly, I don't really have anything bad to say about this lip butter. At £7.99, it's not the most student friendly price but it's worth ten cheaper lipsticks, I promise you. Obviously, you need reapply after eating and drinking, but it lasts a couple of hours on it's own, so keep it in your bag for touch-ups. I shall definitely be picking some more shades up soon.

The Bottom Line

Get this, just get it. Super soft feeling, brilliant choice of colours. An essential for every girl. 

Rating 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...