Thursday 6 March 2014

The Spode Cottage

credit: thespode.co.uk
After uni on Tuesday I was craving a burger, and remembered my Mom had told us about a pub, The Spode Cottage, a Western themed pub. The decor screams cowboy and it has a warm and welcoming feel to it and the staff are really friendly. The pub is pretty big and has alcove style rooms which really adds to the charm. It also has a library area by the bar where you can chill out and read. 


Being veggies, we often find we're limited to a few choices when we go for lunch, but what was so great about the burger menu is that you got a choice of burger; vegetable, spicy bean or chicken - and then choose out of a huge selection of topping combinations, which you could mix and match to your taste. Check out the extensive menu choices here I chose the Vegas topping - pineapple, cheese and chilli sauce but opted to swap the sauce to BBQ. Jack went for a classic fried onion, cheese and BBQ named Memphis but there was a host of other options such as blue cheese, fried egg and bacon.


The salad was fresh and crispy and the coleslaw was lovely. If I had to suggest one improvement, I'd say rustic chips perhaps would have been a bit more interesting with this meal, but to be honest I can't complain because the whole plateful was delicious! My burger was amazing - they weren't at all skimpy on the cheese and it was such good quality; I could tell that a lot of effort goes into the burger preparation.

For a pub, it's quite pricey, but I definitely think it's worth the money, my plate was totally loaded with food. Every day there is a different deal and as it was Tuesday we each had a free dessert with our food, but sadly we were too stuffed to take advantage! Rest assured, next time we'll come with completely empty bellies as I'm desperate to try a pudding. To my surprise, The Spode Cottage isn't a chain pub, it's independently run. I personally think that's partly the reason the standards are so high - chain restaurants and pubs tend to be very samey and use ingredients that maybe aren't so fresh. If you are in the Rugeley area, check this cute little place out, I don't think you'll regret it.

Check out their website here

The Spode Cottage
Rugeley Road, Rugeley WS15 4AT


3 comments:

  1. I love a good themed pub/restaurant! :) This looks fun x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's kwl when people take care with what they serve you. Just need a cowboy hat and I'm there! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a nice place to eat :3
    Being veggie friendly definitely gets my vote
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...